FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Experiences with Silvercar
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:34 pm
Royiv

Programs: AA EXP 1 MM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond
I was a Silvercar evangelist up until this afternoon. At this point, I would be very cautious about renting from them ever again.

Over two months after a rental from the DFW location, I received an email from a collection agency saying that there was damage to the vehicle I rented from Silvercar and they were collecting a debt. First, there was no damage to the vehicle upon return. I can only imagine that the damage, if there really was any, occurred after the employee dropped me off at the terminal in the same car I had driven. Second, no one from Silivercar ever called me to discuss this with me and they've had about 75 days to do so. For the first communication to be an aggressive letter from a collection agency seems a little much, especially in light of Silvercar's image as a "cool" company.

I called the DFW location and they looked at the reservation and could find no notes on the reservation noting any damage. They're still researching the issue and promised a call back, but to say I'm a little turned off is an understatement. I've never once in my life received a collection letter and certainly not from a rental car company. I drive rental cars more than I drive my own car and this has never happened before. I love the nice, new A4s, but Hertz has never tried to shake me down 2.5 months after I rented for unsubstantiated damage.

Renters beware.