FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the Strategic Plan for FlyerTalk? What is the vision? Do we need one?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:40 pm
tcook052
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Yes, or have one created. Which is what I am mostly talkin about anyway, since it is virtually impossible to have one closed.
So I've noticed recently. Having a master plan, strategic vision, mission statement or whatever term one prefers to use may not be such a bad idea as it would offer continuity over the long run with changes to TB members as they come and go. It also might help TB step back and take a look at the bigger picture about how many forums there are, how they're organized or disorganized, and how they're created or closed instead of dealing with what's in front of them on an ad hoc basis.

aBroadAbroad, for example, had some good points in this post on more forum alignment. I've also felt like other forums could be moved to better locations such as Luxury Hotels and Hotel Deals going into the Hotels and Loyalty Programs section.

BTW I wouldn't have expected you to want to cede some control to a master plan as it wouldn't allow for flexibility in some cases as no one set of rules will apply to every situation. Would you be okay with not seeing a forum you lobby for be denied because it didn't fit the master plan? Or would you find it too rigid and inflexible? I personally wouldn't mind seeing a longer range outlook taken by TB but getting a consensus on such a plan I wouldn't think possible. Just MHO of course.