FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on a United 747
Old Jul 1, 2015, 1:10 am
multani

I considered the E+ exit row (45, since 33 is supposed to be a pain due to the emergency slide, and proximity to the bathroom), but I've seen a lot of complaining online about people hanging out in the "extra" space there.

Similarly, 45 is right next to a galley as well, according to seatguru - and the immovable armrests in the exit rows make cuddling up less possible. If I was going on my own I'd go for 45 A/K (though both appear to be taken already on our particular flight).

Ultimately we're doing this on the cheap, and the $240-$250 per seat upgrade for exit rows would bump our total fare cost up about 30%

Are there any pictures floating around of the back of the aircraft showing the seating arrangements? Looks like I currently have us in 60 J/H currently, but 58-60 are all free. I definitely like the idea of getting into one of the two seat rows because of the no middle seat and the ability to stretch out a bit more (even if diagonally). I've heard the benefit of 58 is the extra seat storage in front.

The reason I'd ultimately choose 60 over 58 or 59 is the ability to recline without getting up in someone's business, but I rarely recline anyway.