FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - I'm flying Virgin and giving my velocity account pts, so will AB gold get in lounge?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:42 am
sydunipete

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Originally Posted by Jma12
Here's my experience using the AB Gold card on a non-OW flight:

Took FJ flight from AKL-NAN the flight was a co-share with QF, I got in the QF lounge no problem (even tho I redeem the flight with AS).

Took VA flight from NAN-SYD, and was given priority checked in and priority baggage tag. However, no lounge access in NAN. I am assuming I am only allow in VA lounge with AB gold, and there wasn't any in NAN.
Correct. I don't believe there is a lounge in Nadi that even VA Gold customers can access on VA flights. So I had no expectation there.

But my (obviously wrong) assumption was that being AB Gold I would be entitled to the same benefits as a VA Gold member, which in Sydney would include the Air NZ lounge.

What happens when a VA Gold member travels through Berlin on an AB flight? Can they access the AF lounge (which is the lounge AB uses there)? If the same logic applies as in Sydney then the answer is no.