FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hakodate vs Sapporo
View Single Post
Old Jun 30, 2015, 11:14 pm
evergrn

Unhappy

Originally Posted by abmj-jr
Tough question. Food in Hakodate is wonderful, especially if you like seafood, but options are more limited as compared to the many restaurants in Sapporo. As for "hanging-out and shopping," I don't do those things so can't really comment. As for Fukuoka versus Nagasaki, I vastly preferred Nagasaki, so there you have it.

For kids, Sapporo will have more and more modern malls and kid-type attractions. The clock-tower park would be a good place to run and play and the tram to the top of Mt. Moiwa would be fun. I saw it as a photo op. Kids will see it as a big amusement park ride.
Okay, well this will be a tough decision. You're confirming my sense that Sapporo > Hakodate for our purpose. But from my place, it's 6hr to Hakodate, 10hr to Sapporo... that's a long time to sit with our little ones. I think we'll still manage to enjoy Hakodate. But Sapporo would be awesome. Will have to think about it some more.

I, of course, understand that Nagasaki would leave more of an impression on most visitors than Fukuoka. But for us, what matters is that Fukuoka is more happening, has more and better food, more stuff for kids.