FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is packaged food "food"? Spices ,noodles, cookies , etc.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 8:51 pm
gobluetwo

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tanja
Yes I do that since I dont eat animals at all. And why take in noodles at all? They have plenty of that in USA.
And like I said before I was lectured by very irritaed customs cause I declared my undies and candeles. They told me I was way out of line and dont bother them again with that kind of customs forms.
The problem wasn't that you declared "food" or "clothing" but that you inventoried every item. They don't care that "clothing" includes 4 pairs of socks, 3 pairs of underwear, 7 t-shirts, and a pair of Jams. They just want to know "clothing" and the amount, or that you have food, but that it doesn't run afoul of customs regulations.

So yes, you do still have to declare that you have food if you have it, including instant noodles, but you don't have to itemize every food item you have with you.

In short - declare that you have "food" but don't worry about indicating that you X number of instant noodle packages, 3 packs of M&Ms, and a case of Toblerones.