FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: SPG Lifetime™ Gold and SPG Lifetime™ Platinum status
Old Jun 30, 2015, 6:01 am
gk17

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by Starwood Lurker II
10.Do I get any additional benefits for being an SPG Lifetime Gold or SPG Lifetime Platinum member?

As an SPG Lifetime member, you will receive the same benefits and amenities that are provided to SPG members of that specific elite tier at that particular time. On occasion, Starwood may provide special offers or recognition gifts to SPG Lifetime members at its sole discretion. SPG member benefits and amenities may change from time to time.

11.If I’m an SPG Lifetime Platinum Preferred Guest member, will I automatically receive all the benefits that come with meeting certain SPG eligible night thresholds (e.g., Suite Night Awards, four Starpoints per eligible U.S. dollar)?

SPG Lifetime Platinum members will receive the basic Platinum-level benefits. Currently, those benefits include the option to earn additional awards by staying a particular number of eligible nights; therefore, you must meet the same eligible-night requirements to obtain those benefits.
Tried to look through the posts here and couldn't find the answer. So does Gold get all the benefits including the additional point (3 starpoints)? But for platinum, we still need to hit platinum status every year to get the two additional points? Lifetime platinum just says basic benefits but didn't mention the details on what's basic. I guess they're referring to the suite upgrades that you need to requalify for every year. How about the two additional points?

Thanks.