FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Bayshore Vancouver [Master Thread]
Old Jun 28, 2015, 7:54 pm
RogerD408
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by acousticbiker
Platinum going to Bayshore on Tuesday with family. I got a standard room with points and my suite night award just confirmed (junior suite). I really want a view of the fireworks in Coal Harbour for Canada Day, so have a few questions:

- I understand the junior suites are not in the tower, but do they have a harbor view?
- I see there are multiple types of suites: lanai, tower (regular & deluxe), executive and international. Does anyone know which are in the tower (in addition to the one called tower, of course) and which have views of the harbor?
- Does anyone know whether I can expect to be upgraded to a nicer suite if I already am in the junior suite based on a suite night award (original booking being regular room with points)?
General rules are once upgraded using SNA, no further upgrades are supposed to be applied (YMMV). Also, not all suites at the property are part of the upgrade pool, SNA or otherwise. Upgrade pool may not include all the rooms in the same category (capacity controls).

You might try calling the property (talk with the front desk if you can, reservations may not be onsite and know the particulars) before arrival, explain you are travelling with little kids, and if they could possibly block you into a room with a view of the fireworks. These are usually premium rooms during such events and may not be available for upgrades. Ask again once you arrive to see if anything might have opened up. They may have set up a special viewing area as well.