FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What is the Strategic Plan for FlyerTalk? What is the vision? Do we need one?
Old Jun 28, 2015, 6:13 pm
tom911
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I really don't see a pressing need to revisit forum opening/closing procedures and standards. This was done before my time on TB, but the current statement asking for data seems to have been well thought out and still to be working.
Is it being used, though? I don't think it is working.

I wish the Talk Board would sort out when the forum questionnaire that was created by a prior Talk Board is appropriate, as it's not clear to me at all now after some recent threads.

When a Talk Board member wanted to close the Travel News forum, it wasn't mentioned until three weeks after the thread was started. If it's important, why didn't a Talk Board member bring it up the first couple days?

When a Talk Board member wants to close Gambling Loyalty, the questionnaire is not even mentioned in the thread.

When a member proposes a Smoking forum, I raised the topic about the forum creation questionnaire and no Talk Board members responded. It is now up for a vote without a questionnaire.

Maybe it's time for the current Talk Board to vote out the questionnaire created by a prior Talk Board if you're not going to regularly use it for proposals to open and close forums.