FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using airpoints to upgrade from cash paid fare class- airpoints & upgrade?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 9:58 pm
ps107

Originally Posted by NZbutterfly
Sbiddle is right in that you need to go via the travel agent to make changes prior to your first flight, BUT if you have more than one flight on your ticket, once you have taken the first flight you can then call air NZ to pay the fare difference to upgrade, eg the return leg of your trip or if you're stopping over somewhere you can upgrade the next flight via NZ call centre. You just need to take that first flight - then NZ can manage it

Although travel agents have their place, I try to avoid them as it's too painful trying to change things to suit my plans via them. Easier to cut out the middle man and go straight to the people that know. Plus I've been stuffed around with their "24-7" NONavailability to help. Someone is always at NZ to help!
Thanks. Sounds good! I will definitely try this for the return. If I'd bought the tickets myself I would've forked out the fare difference in a heartbeat, but as it's done through the travel dragons at work, I've been OneUp bidding more or less the fare difference and hoping for the best. Would rather have confirmed PE and opportunistic BP especially now these refitted 777s seem to be the norm.