FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do ~ a week in Cape Town / Area ("Capetown")?
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:16 pm
Doc Savage
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool Cape Town and Surroundings Advice?

I will be arriving in Cape Town the evening of 28Aug15 and leaving mid afternoon 12Sep15, so have a fair amount of time to travel around that part of SA. I'm considering taking a tour or driving the following places while there, and I'm interested in opinions from others who have been there, as I've heard the Garden Route may be a bit overrated, but would like some input.

Leg 1: Cape Town – Hermanus – Cape Agulhas

Leg 2: Cape Agulhas – Oudtshoorn. Stopping at Cango Caves and for some wine tasting

Leg 3: Oudtshoorn – Knysna – Sedgefield Stopping at Wilderness National Park for canoeing/hiking

Leg 4: Sedgefield – Tsitsikamma - Addo Elephant Park. Stopping at Tsitsikamma National Park for hiking

Leg 5: Addo Park – Wilderness Beach. Starting the day with a game drive at Addo Park.

Leg 6: Wilderness Beach – Mossel Bay – Stellenbosch -Cape Town. Stopping in Mossel Bay, hike along Cape St. Blaize

I'd obviously still have time for other things if I did this; what do people think about this itinerary or about other things I should see?

How easy is it to drive around this part of SA?

I'm trying to get my planning in for the trip squeezed in while being really busy with work, sorry not to be more specific yet. I'm definitely not a luxury traveler, I just like seeing as many interesting places and things as I can and am satisfied with a basic clean hotel or B&B to sleep at.

Thanks for any critiques and suggestions. I know the collective wisdom of FT will help immensely!

Cheers,

Doc

Last edited by Doc Savage; Jun 28, 2015 at 1:12 am