FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Idiotic (?) response from Rewards Network
Old Jun 27, 2015, 5:38 pm
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by CMK10
I think your anger is very much misplaced, OP. It's the name of the game with promotions, Hilton ads will show up despite not all hotels participating in promotions, commercials will air for promotions at restaurants (like Endless Appetizers at TGI Friday's) when all restaurants don't participate etc. Is RN supposed to refuse to allow Black Bear Diner to advertise until all their restaurants participate?

This honestly sounds like a failure to research on your part and blaming RN and claiming they were unethical is in my opinion, hyperbolic.
Black Bear Diner is a smallish chain, and that particular location had participated in the past. However, the chain is bigger than I realized -- they've been expanding.

I am under the impression that the ONLY restaurant chains that advertise on the RN website are those that have at least SOME participation in RN. It's not just random restaurants that advertise there, as far as I can tell.

Anyhow, being hyperbolic is very much in the spirit of FT, and I am glad that I woke up this sleepy backwater of a forum with my hyperbole!