FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC Presence on FT
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2015, 10:27 am
Hello again
Suspended

Originally Posted by YYT82
Well, in reality it makes no difference to your flying experience or the amount of money you pay, whether Ben posts here or not. The intangible difference his posting activity makes is that you get an explanation of the things you can't figure out yourself (e.g. ticketing rules, upgrade priority/policy, etc.). Unfortunately whenever he tried to do it, there are people here ready to jump all over him.
If I was him I would have very little motivation to come on this board ON HIS OWN TIME just to take abuse. He has quietly helped many here off line resolve problems they have had.
.................................................. .
"You can't expect Ben to solve all the problems at Air Canada. The corporation has too many internal issues to be solved by just one person. Disengaged and disgruntled front line employees openly defy company established policies (such as zonal boarding) with little to no enforcement from front line supervisors because they themselves are not aligned with higher ups. Upper echelon guys are too short-sighted and devise schemes to only increase near term profit while alienating customers, customers get pissed off and the front line employees take the brunt of the backlash, employees get pissed off at the higher ups..."
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I would take exception to your short term thinking comment and your disgruntled employees defying management. First of all, as some one who flies nearly every week to almost all corners of AC's world.I see employees gladly using the zonal boarding to stop the pushing and bad behaviour we used to see at the gates. All of whom I have asked have told me they like it and expect it to get better refined over time.
Calin and his team have been long range thinkers for some time now and didn't purchase all the dreamliners on a whim just to make a short term splash. Their planned moves to better the lot of FF'ers through better services is starting to take shape with new top tier lounges planned and other amenities to follow. Yes, the free rides are over but I was surprised they lasted as long as they did. At the end of the day the only short term thinking is to have good news a the end of each quarter and that doesn't happen on a whim either.

Last edited by Hello again; Jun 27, 2015 at 10:37 am