FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous Time's taken for Credit of Partner Miles
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:58 am
EtihadHelp
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by Epicura
Same here (what a surprise ).

Had 4 flights on 9W in May. EY Guest # was already quoted at the time of the reservation and again at OLCI. Nevertheless, no automatic credit (how hard can it be?).

Filed a retroclaim, got this answer after 2 weeks:

Dear Mrs E.,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre with your request for missing Etihad Guest Miles to be credited to your account.
Please be informed that the retro claim for the ticket is now under process.

The eligibility of partner claims are verified by the partner airline themselves and hence the process could take a little longer than usual as already mentioned in our terms and conditions.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Etihad Guest Services Team

Bolding is mine... Is this is joke? They will send the request back to the partner airline, despite the fact that there was already a hick up in the initial crediting process, altough I'm not sure if the issue is related to the partner airline not sending information to EY, or EY just not processing received info from the partner airline. I bet on the latter .

What's even worse: I registered for the triple miles promotion (what's the point in promoting flights on partner airlines when the base miles are not even credited, let alone the bonus miles ) so I was counting on these miles to book 2 F awards before the devaluation in July.

I have contacted my local sales team about this issue, altough I'm not sure if they could help me on this one. In the past they have been great sorting out the regular EY mess. Perhaps something to keep in mind.
Hi Epicura,

Kindly send the detail to us via a private message and we will check with our Etihad Guest team and get back to you. Thanks *ES