FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2015] Hilton Sydney {AUS}
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:58 pm
moa999

Programs: QF Gold LTG (ow Saph), HHon Silver, Marriot Gold
First stay here (Sydney resident) as a cheap rate of A$169 opened for a Friday night, and with the 5K promo was too good to pass up, also my 29th stay for the year as a Gold.

echeckin on Thu only offered me a King Plus room to Lev 25, but by Friday morning it was offering EL to Lev 38, so I took an x22 room closer to George St with view to Town Hall.

Was actually reasonably impressed with the EL's more modern feel - for canapes liked the addition of soup, hot dishes were vegetarian spring rolls or chicken wings, good cheese selection and a pasta and regular salad. Drinks served by a lovely staffer at a temporary bar.

Room itself was quite good with a separate bath and shower, although the bathroom is a little pokey. TV in room has seemingly been recently upgraded with all Australian Digital TV channels quickly accessed and then some CCTV channels that weren't active.. No payTV sports channels. Bathroom had the larger PTR bottles, although somewhat surprisingly the body was is still the microbeads, rather than the newer orange range.

Breakfast in the EL was OK - hard boiled eggs only hot item, but a good range of cereals, breads, muffins, meats, (and the cheese obviously left over from last night). Nespresso coffee machine is free!, but its obviously not Glass.