FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Rewards Club Elite experiences (Archive Thread 2015)
Old Jun 26, 2015, 4:25 pm
jedicat666

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria

Crowne Plaza Manila Galleria

Review Link : http://www.checkmyhacks.com/hotels/c...premier-suite/

What is your IHG/Priority Club status?
Platinum Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest room, accepted upgrade of 4000PHP for upgrade to executive suite + club access. App then reflected a further 1 category upgrade to premier suite.

How are the rooms?
Very large room with a long walkway in-room connecting the living and bed rooms. 180 degree views, marvellous sunset and sunrise views. Toilet was very big. Noticeably dated room, with some imperfections. Fruit platter was missing. (Or maybe they don't do this here)

How is the exec. lounge?
Above average, drinks had a decent variety, but try to stick to the more common unmixed drinks. Afternoon tea was average with less spread. Cocktail hour Food was very good, spread was not that big but the quality was through the roof, kept on taking more and more. On the 19th Floor, view was amazing.

What was good and what was bad?
Good
- Very big room with awesome view
- Lounge Food quality
- Located conveniently above a mall with very affordable dining options and a HUGE supermarket.

Bad
- Traffic, this is normal in Manila
- Reservation was cancelled somehow during my flight, causing me to rebook and pay about $25usd extra due to price fluctuation. Might not be the hotel's fault, have sent an email to amb support.
EDIT : After writing email to ambassador services, upon checkout next day, they refunded me 1,250php being the price difference of the cancellation cockup.

Value for $ or IHG Points? Would you return?
Stayed here as part of a points run, would return but not in the near future. And if I did would probably try the IC @ Makati.

Last edited by jedicat666; Jul 12, 2015 at 11:53 pm Reason: currency