FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Honeymoon panic - worst possible time
View Single Post
Old Jun 26, 2015, 12:02 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I don't know...when I was young, I was very capable of traveling in Europe on a pretty tight budget. We took a 1 month honeymoon, Hawaii and Europe, and didn't break the bank. Miles and hotel points were absolutely a requirement for Hawaii, but they weren't for Europe: we just stayed in pensiones and (low end) B&B's that most FTers wouldn't be caught dead in.

A few years before that, we spent a month in Europe doing the full-on backpacker thing, staying in hostels when we weren't sleeping on overnight trains, eating streetfood, and finding the student-centric bars/clubs in each city. Awesome trip...only minor regret is that we didn't do 2 or 3 months.

It's possible that this couple is seeking to do something like that as opposed to a luxury trip. In that case, I won't condemn them for going...it frankly sounds like a pretty cool honeymoon, even if it entails spartan accommodations. They've picked a region where that's certainly possible.