FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Agent shady? (gave away seats to standby)
Old Jun 26, 2015, 9:59 am
cerralee

Originally Posted by arollins
Just out of curiosity, did your daughter mentioned anything to the check in agent about being prior T30 and the agent not paying attention to her? Did the 3rd passenger on the waitlist cleared?
I've always found that most small stations agents tend to have multiple tasks w/regards to the operation of a flight, and they tend to stick to their schedule, ticket agent, check in agent, gate agent, jet bridge or ramp attendant, etc.
I don't think the possibility of being denied boarding ever crossed her mind until it actually happened. When she started the process their was ample time to check in and get to the gate. The agent was cordial, chatty and took over the check in process, getting her to try the kiosk first, then moving on to the counter computer, making small talk and never mentioned time was a factor-just carried on like all was fine. Then hit her with too bad...your time just ran out at t-30 even though she was the only one at the counter and had ample time to complete the process if it was done in a timely manner. I am not 100% positive on the circumstances, just going by what she said when she called 4:35. t-30 was 4:30 and we we had been in the car for a good 25 minutes when we got the call after dropping her off at the terminal. It takes less than 30 seconds to walk from the car to the ticket counter and my husband went in with her so I am pretty certain the agent was using a stalling technique cause she knew she had messed up with the ticketing situation and wanted to get out of it without having to compensate for the giving away of the seats before the appropriate time. I can see when she made the call to me on my phone records, and I knew that she had a what the hell conversation with the agent when she sprang the oh too late to print the boarding pass bit on her. She had time to rebook the flight before she went to the gate to let the other passengers on, just not finish what she had started with the getting her the boarding passes/check in bit. Being that the airport is tiny and she did the stall technique so she wouldn't get in trouble ruffles my feathers.