FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thoughts on switching to Velocity for Status?... again.
Old Jun 26, 2015, 7:23 am
mad_atta

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Beano
So we should
1 download the delta app
2 join delta (even though it is a virgin flight)
So we can checkin online?
I didn't download an app, I just checked in via DL's website (using a PC; I'm not sure what it's like using a smartphone). This was a DL domestic flight with a DL flight number. I did have my no status DL number in the booking, and it was when I suddenly thought to try my VA silver card that suddenly I could access comfort plus seats plus other perks. Whether that would work the same way with a DL metal/VA marketed flight I don't know.

Of course about two days later I finally got a response to my status match request from DL's corporate rep, who upgraded me to Platinum Medallion. Annoying, as I'd probably have scored a free upgrade to First. It was a very short flight (LAX-LAS) so no biggie, but I might have ended up sitting next to Mike Tyson, who was sitting in the last row of F, so that at least would have made for a good story!

Last edited by mad_atta; Jun 29, 2015 at 5:35 pm