FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Removing Comcast Hard Pull
View Single Post
Old Jun 25, 2015, 2:00 pm
medellinfein

Originally Posted by aza72
I recently saw that Comcast made a hard pull to my credit report when I signed up for service. I declined to give my SSN at first, but then had to give it over chat to get the latest deal (they wouldn't let me pay a deposit). At no point was I told there would be a hard inquiry (and no reason that they should have done one).

I called them and after being bounced around a lot, they ended up saying I should contact Equifax. Filed a dispute, and they said that I had to contact Comcast, no phone number, just an address. Sent them a letter, didn't get a response, but just saw my updated Credit Karma report, and the inquiry was removed.

So if you have a hard inquiry from Comcast that you did not authorize, you can get rid of it by filing a dispute with Equifax, and then sending a letter to Comcast. Not sure worth the hassle for 5pts on the credit score, but thought I'd share.
Could you please share the address for us also located in the Bay Area?

What was the rough turnaround time between your sending the letter and the date of the Comcast return letter/deletion of credit inquiry?

Thanks