FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Toddler Friendly Restaurants - Rome/Florence or Elsewhere
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:21 am
Up In The Air

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by jcoop
Hi folks,

Any suggestions for restaurants in Rome, Florence or nearby environs that would happily accommodate a 2 year old? We would like to make a few reservations at nicer places while we're there, but I'm at a bit of a loss where to start looking. Given what we're looking for - a place with high chairs and enough background noise to mask the outside voice of a toddler - I'm thinking that more traditional (and casual) restaurants featuring typical local cooking would be good options. Any thoughts?

FWIW we're staying in Prati in Rome and the seemingly nondescript L'Isolotto neighbourhood in Florence near the Arcipressi tram station. We're also spending four days on Lago d'Iseo (near Sarnico) so suggestions in that area or on the way would also be much appreciated.

Late dinners won't be an issue as we're not going to fully our adjust our daughter to the local time zone.
It's several years since I took my three (now teenage) toddlers to restaurants in Italy. We ate at all types of establishments over the length and breadth of the country – and never did we experience any problems from restaurateurs or serving staff. My only advice would be to avoid overly-touristy restaurants if you wish to avoid any tut-tutting from toddler intolerant tourists. Have a great time. Italians generally love and idolize children – (generally in a genuine, kind and non creepy way).