FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic connection post international J still being lounge declined
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:28 am
pazza2000

Originally Posted by rjn21
One of the perennial occurrences. J redemption, International BA J inbound to LHR, connecting same day to domestic BA. I haven't had this for a few years, and never at LHR, but today was back to the bad old ways.

Story:

Beep and green light (I assume that means lounge access ok, but I could be wrong and just means OK to fly.

"Whose guest are you?"

"Good morning, I'm not a guest"

"Do you have a card?" Assume meant silver/gold.

"No, I'm inbound in business from [international J destination]

"Sorry you don't have access"

Sigh.

Another dragon at a neighbouring desk then said yes he does, it's fine.

So entry on 3 counts - (i) green light beep, (ii) international J redemption with a domestic connection all on one ticket so effectively a J redemption which should include business UK, but they don't offer that redemption fare class, (iii) oneworld connecting flights rule.

Just tiresome to have to go through the faff. Anyway. In GC, ice cream less, temperature ok, no available power sockets I can see other than at the PC desk stations.
I suspect it was a new member of staff unsure of the rules, T5 must deal with these entry scenarios often.

I'll be trying to take a guest into a domestic lounge soon using my onward F ticket. That's another degree of separation and at a domestic lounge, I don't expect much joy though will be armed with the YouFirst tel# for clarification if required.