FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rx drugs in South Korea - is there a prohibited/controlled list?
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:59 am
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Probably not, but I found out the Aderall is restricted and requires an narcotics permit to bring it in.

Just for anyone's future benefit, the Korean FDA told me this what needs to be done:

Please submit the followings:

1. passport copy (clearly visible)

2. prescription (for each controlled medicine you will carry into; recently issued for validity)

3. doctor's letter indicating dosage and total volume

4. e-ticket copy (both tickets for arrival to and departure from Korea)

5. application form - both of forms attached

6. document certifying school/course admission (study visit only)

*Note:

1. The quantitiy on application 02 means the total quantity of medicine you carry into Korea, and it should be the amount you will consume all during the visit based on the doctor's letter, prescription, and e-ticket.

2. You should clearly put the total amount of each medicine you carry into in both applications (with both of trade name and ingredients name). (e.g. Adderall XR (Amphetamine), 162 pills in total (180 mg/day))

3. Please submit documents as soon as possible because issuing permit takes up to 10 days from the date application is accepted.

4. If you are a temporary visitor to Korea, you can get an inbound permit from our division. But if you will stay in Korea for a long time, you should submit some documents verifying it. The maximum amount of medicines you can carry in is for 3 months, and sending controlled substances by parcel post for personal use is strickly forbidden.
The KDFA has been very responsive and has been responding to my emails within about 12 hours or so - pretty much the difference between our work days. The process is a little painful, but at least it's pretty clear.