FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Idiotic (?) response from Rewards Network
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:15 am
KathyWdrf
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Roger, I don't quite understand your response. The ads I've seen for Black Bear Diner on the RN website are for the WHOLE CHAIN -- not just one specific branch (or branches).

My point is that ALL members of the chain benefit from the advertisements on the RN website. If 1) the ad is on the RN website (thus implying participation in RN) and 2) ALL members of the chain are benefiting from that ad, why should some branches be allowed to opt out of RN? Seems like they're sponging off the others.

It also leads to ill will on the part of the customer.

Anyway, I'm becoming increasingly disillusioned with Black Bear Diner. The one in Gilroy (that dropped out of RN, unbeknownst to me), has disappointed me a couple of times. I'll find some other place to patronize in the area (might start patronizing Casa de Fruta again -- at least they're open round the clock and still participate in RN).