FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2015 Combined AA/US Domestic Meal / Meals - menu / photos / etc. (Consolidated)
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:35 am
MarkedMan

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by flyingmusicianlax
Glad they're attempting to improve the Flagship Lounge food, but these dishes seem a bit uninspired compared to what United, for example, is offering in its LHR Global First Lounge.
Not the best comparison, in a way, since LHR's FL also offers a different setup from the FLs in the US. Not that it couldn't use a refresh the rest of the day too, but the breakfast made-to-order dishes they have at LHR in concert with one of T3's nicer establishments are a vast improvement on anything that is served, and probably planning to be served, at JFK for breakfast, for example.

OTOH UA is essentially killing off GFLs slowly but surely, only reason they can be bothered to keep SF and ORD is that LH uses them too, I am sure. LHR is an aberration as we speak, vastly superior to any of the remaining US ones. More to the point, UA's lounges are F and GS only, as is typical for *A, so a very different volume of users than what you see in the FLs. AA would have to think three times before setting up something like that for EXPs flying in Y, with all due respect. With some of the crowds I have come across at JFK or LHR in the FL they would also struggle to deliver in the current setup.

To me, the changes hint at the fact they're providing better stuff without dumping access privileges, which all in all is a good thing IMO.