FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC): Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Jun 23, 2015, 1:45 am
Always Flyin

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by nkedel
Please do report back on that one! I don't recall seeing an APEC or ABTC line last time I was through there.
Yes. Far right side.

Originally Posted by cxfan1960
Yes, that is how I view it - expensive convenience.
And generally not all that convenient.

Originally Posted by Foxhare
There was an APEC/ABTC sign on the far right desk. It was also the Officer of the Day and Diplomat counter. Fortunately/unfortunately for the report, I was the first off the bus from the plane and they directed me to the regular line since there was no one in line and the OOD looked busy with something else. IO in regular line just handed the card back to me with no comment. Got a normal 30-day stamp, was out in less than a minute.
Been through Clark three or four times. They turn the card over, see no endorsements, and stamp you in for 30-days. Even though the APEC meeting was last in Clark a few months ago.

For those who know CRK I was very surprised and upset that they have stopped using the beautiful million-dollar upstairs terminal gates with skyways and have reverted to the ground floor old-school waiting room. Disappointing.
Asiana and Qatar use it. Cebu Pacific does not.

Originally Posted by nkedel
Thanks for the update!

The few times I've been through there it's been on an LCC, and I've never seen the upstairs gates.
On arrival, you still end-up in the same immigration area.

Originally Posted by RandomNobody
That's because all the carriers are leaving, one-by-one.
Air Asia and EK have left.