FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Curacao {CUW} (no longer Honors)
View Single Post
Old Jun 21, 2015, 9:30 pm
LucWise

Programs: AAdvantage Executive Platinum, HHonors Diamond, National Executive
Just finished a stay here, figured I'd share my TripAdvisor review with the group...

We visited for four nights and as a Diamond member, we were upgraded to a lovely ocean view junior suite. The staff at the property in general was very, very good. Our personal journey guide for our stay was Kareen and she was simply spectacular in every regard.

Kareen gave us excellent restaurant recommendations, took care of whatever we needed and even sent some brownie bites to the room when my better half mentioned she loved them. Just outstanding customer service from start to finish.

Here are some pros and cons of our visit:

PROS

- Great snorkeling right off the beach
- Huge swimming pool
- Comfortable renovated rooms
- Outstanding staff
- Excellent executive lounge

Having great snorkeling right off the beach was a huge plus. Lots of great fish to see and things to explore. There was also a large dock that you can jump off of, which was fun, only wish there was a ladder by the dock so you wouldn't have to walk all the way around.

The room was recently renovated. The furniture in the room was quite nice and comfortable. We slept well each night.

Executive lounge staff was always fantastic and the food spread from 5-7 p.m. was better than most Hiltons I have stayed at in the U.S.

CONS

- Birds constantly attacking at breakfast
- Pool needs desperately to be replastered
- Some litter on the beach (cigarette butts, etc.)
- Pool gets a bit dirty with leaves/bugs
- Outside of building looks like it's from the 1960s

The issue with the birds at breakfast was a significant turn off and a bit of a health issue. The staff tries to keep the food covered so the birds can't access it, but the birds pick at the serving spoons sitting out. Although it's nice to be able to have the breeze and sit outside to eat, they really should close off the breakfast area to eliminate this problem.

It would be nice if they had someone who could clean up the beach/pool area on a more consistent basis as the day moves along. Litter and debris tends to add up and could use some more attention. Also, the bottom and sides of the pool are VERY rough. We scratched ourselves several times and after playing in the pool for an hour, my toes were rubbed raw. Definitely needs some work.

Overall, we had a very nice visit. They are doing some additional renovations currently to make things even better. If we were in Curacao again, we would not hesitate to stay at this Hilton again as the pros outweigh the cons.