FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please report your Star Alliance award redemption experiences
Old Jun 21, 2015, 6:18 pm
KLouis

Originally Posted by LukasVIE
Called in yesterday to try to change my flight to a nonstop flight instead of connecting -- not possible since I would have to cancel and the miles would only be re-deposited in three days, GREAT. No way I was gonna risk canceling and waiting three days with only one award seat available on the direct flight

I then wanted to at least change my existing flight to an earlier one -- no problem, but since the second flight also had to be changed and there being only availability in Economy instead of Business they said NO CAN DO.

I was a little bit bummed to say the least it wasn't helped by the fact that I just made the reservation two days ago and I still think that Aegean doesn't calculate the taxes for U.S. domestic flights correctly -- why is it $5.60 when I book on United.com and at least $20 with Aegean?
The questions on taxes has been discussed many, many times and it seems that this is true for most (if not all) European FF programs. On the other hand, I simply wonder what would be wrong, on A3's side, with the first part of the "awful" experience. You made a booking that for whatever reason you decide to change a couple of days later. You run into some of the problems that one runs into when changing an award ticket (changed availability). Whether your decision to change was two days after booking or 12, it doesn't matter, when availability is no longer there, tough luck. I wonder what title you would have chosen if you had been successful: changes of your booking cost 20 Euro!

PS By the way, what award ticket was so cheap ($20)?