FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Limited Availability] UA MP Explorer- Up to 55K & possible $50 stmt credit
Old Jun 21, 2015, 6:27 am
Laura782

Originally Posted by Laura782
I, too, am hopeful. I closed my last Chase United card about 18 months ago when that card's bonus posted, but nonetheless applied for (and was instantly approved) this 50K bonus card on May 16. Several on these boards told me I was doomed and that Chase is tight on their T&C these days, but I called them up twice yesterday before activating my card and spoke to 2 separate CSRs, both of whom confirmed that I'll get the bonus miles with my spend as well as the $50 credit. I even admitted to them that I was unsure of when I closed my last account, but they reassured me I was eligible. I'll truly believe it when I see it, but your luck makes me think it might actually happen.
Wanted to update this board that my 5,000 "new cardmember bonus" points posted. I'm close to meeting the spend requirement, so hopefully the additional 50K points show up after my next statement, but it's looking more like Chase's 24 month rule isn't actually as firm as we thought.