FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Guide to the Milwaukee Airport
View Single Post
Old Jun 20, 2015, 8:05 pm
traveller001

Programs: My opinions are my own and not that of my employer(s)
Originally Posted by knope2001
Local passengers all come through security and go through the stem to get to the hammerhead. When AA consolidates on D (all signs point to that) D will screen more passengers than they did in the peak days. Except for those who take the moving walkway, they all walk through the stem upper level. If they were to ever put upper-level jetways on the south side of the D stem again, they'd probably need to widen the concourse one way or another.
Yet they are all going to be walking past the unused gates. During the YX days you had people standing waiting. TSA checkpoint may be an issue or maybe not UA from rumors is eventually moving to C.

I noticed that too -- though the official completion isn't targeted for several weeks it would be nice for them to open up the space and start using all the carousels sooner. Summerfest / July 4 / NML convention time is the big summer push, and having more of that open for passengers would be great. Hopefully they are able to make an early-soft-opening happen -- I think they'd like to.
Drive opens in about a week full opening a couple days later.

Edit- View from above still shows a lot of glass needing to be installed. Weather could delay that. But considering the delays from last year the whole project is ahead of target.

Last edited by traveller001; Jun 21, 2015 at 11:03 pm