FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Bumped from First Class- What should I do?
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:33 pm
Navig8R

Programs: AA Plat Pro, DL GM, Marriott LTP
Originally Posted by jennyb10
Thank you everyone for your help. I had a couple of exchanges with the customer service rep, which was a patronizing exchange of "we care about you, yadda yadda yadda" but refused to to credit me any miles back, as this was not their "policy".

I went on Twitter and they asked me to PM them. They couldn't help with past flight issues but told me to call a separate Customer Care number which I did. The woman there was able to get me just under 30k miles back, which was fair for the segment my parents were downgraded. My parents also have the option to trade in the flight vouchers for non-Delta gift certificates to several different stores.

Although it took much more effort than it should have, happy with the result. Thanks everyone.
Glad to hear Delta credited miles back to your account, but it's pathetic you were forced to call them out on Twitter to resolve the issue. The first customer service agent you spoke with should've taken care of this from the start. Thanks for letting us know how everything turned out.