FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Freedom 5% Merchant Categories
View Single Post
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:20 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by pritomd
I noticed the Q4 bonuses on the Freedom calendar say Amazon.com (and more this fall). Does this indicate there will probably be more categories, such as an everyday spend place like maybe groceries, gas or restaurants? I guess it *will* help with Christmas shopping but otherwise I don't do too much on Amazon.
In the past department stores have always been a q4 category. With the Amazon prime store credit card that gives 5% back, bonus categories for Chase and Discover really don't do me any good outside of third party gift cards that amazon sells that aren't eligible for the 5% statement credit.

I wish they would bring back charitable donations for a q4 category like they had a few years ago. Making my year end charity donations was a very easy way of maxing out my q4 bonus that year. Hopefully discover will have online payments as a q4 category this year since my church now accepts paypal for pledge payments