FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SAN / San Diego Int'l. Airport AirSpace Lounge / "Admirals Club" (master thread)
Old Jun 19, 2015, 8:06 am
krlcomm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Originally Posted by BWISkyGuy
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkedMan

When I was there in February on the holiday weekend I got to the airport early-ish (even pre-check line was busy that day) and popped into the lounge for a few while waiting for a slightly delayed VX flight. House wine was free and poured freely for us at our seats at the bar. Better than AA house wine as I recall and basically no different than an AC. If this has changed, it's poor form.

Thrilled to hear we can fly out of the main terminal on AA too now, tho' of course the total absence of bay area flights from SAN makes it moot for me for the most part.

When I was there in February, I experienced the same thing... House drinks and the usual light snacks were free, just like an AC. If anything, I thought the food for purchase seemed a little nicer than some of the typical AC Sodexo offerings, even if the menu was a little more limited.

I didn't feel like I was getting any less for my membership than in an AA-operated lounge though, so I'm kind of confused on what changed.
I was there at the beginning of April and the house alcohol was complimentary just like a regular AC. Will remember to use my AMEX Platinum card there next time if that gets me a comp upgraded beverage or 2 though!