FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - p.s. Operations Transitioning to EWR on October 25, 2015
Old Jun 18, 2015, 9:41 pm
fly18725

Originally Posted by spin88
I don't think that a similar situation has arisen, but if you know of one, I would be curious to know what it is. UA's share at EWR is far higher than any airline I can think of that has taken slots in a slot exchange (which have involved DCA and LGA and LHR and NRT before as far as I know). And at DAL (airport, not airline) DOT made clear that WN would not get the gates due to already having such a high share. I am assuming something similar might happen here, where they have a say in slots.
It sounds like Delta will be giving up less than 5 EWR slots. Not material to competition. I don't think many will speak up because Delta will retaliate.

Originally Posted by spin88
Well, if something is wrong in what I said, I look forward to your posting some contrary information. No offense, but I'm not going to take your assertion that UAL has not underperformed at face value, given the extensive numbers I have been posting for the last three years. Likewise, if UA has claimed a growing corporate share, post away, ditto if AA has not done so.
I've posted this information before. It's usually discussed in earnings calls and the transcripts are available for your review.