FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrading of DL employee non-revs from LHR-JFK
Old Jun 18, 2015, 6:48 pm
PRWeezer

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by audidudi
I recently travelled from LHR-JFK and was seated in Comfort +, and therefore not expecting an upgrade as the flight was only about 50% full. Prior to boarding, a contact of mine at LHR informed me that 5 DL employees who were non-revs had been upgraded to Delta One. Is this normal practice that non-revs would be offered upgrades ahead of a revenue paying DM? I certainly didn't mind where I was sitting, but was certainly surprised to hear that this happened.
Your thread title is wrong & your contact needs to change his/her wording to reflect that nonrevs are cleared into the highest class of service to which they are eligible. If they are eligible for Delta One they clear as such and are not upgraded. Semantics, but your contact's wording is incorrect. Hate the policy, not the messenger.

ETA: Dual postings think alike davetravels...and yours without a single emoticon! :-)