FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Programa Viajero Confiable - a "Global Entry" for Mexico
Old Jun 18, 2015, 1:42 pm
Section 107

Programs: enjoyed being warm spit for a few years on CO/UA but now nothing :(
Originally Posted by jtm5193
I did receive the same email as some of you did. Since we travel to Mexico at least twice a year I thought it would benefit us. I filled out the first page of the application which required my basic information PLUS my passport number. When I went to the second page I lost the first page and could not get back in to the program. Now I am concerned that my information is floating around in a space where I don't want it to be!
Has anyone else had this experience? Has anyone been accepted into this program?
I did speak with an agent at the Border Control in my local airport and that agent knew nothing about this program - not a very reassuring sign on my side.
All advice/comments gratefully appreciated.
Thanks for your thoughts on this.
Your information is not in a public space - it is inside the application software - so I don't believe you need to be worried specifically about an uncompleted application.

It makes sense to me that a US CBP or ICE agent would not know much, let alone details, of a Mexican program.

Note that for a US citizen to be eligible for the Mexican program the US citizen MUST be already enrolled in Global Entry.

Unfortunately I will not be enrolling in this program anytime soon; I usually travel with my kids to Mexico but the minimum age for enrollment is 18 so there will be little opportunity for me to take advantage of it.

It's too bad because I, too, find the lines for La Migra to be much longer than the lines for Aduana.