FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Should I move over to Avianca (Life Miles)?
Old Jun 18, 2015, 10:59 am
FlyerTalker7654
Suspended

Should I move over to Avianca (Life Miles)?

Hi all,

So I was out of the air miles game last 3 years, however, due to my situation, I will be travelling a little more next 2 years. I was wondering if it is worth collecting miles with Life Miles.

I am based in SFO and will do a couple of round trips to NYC in paid first with United (as they are cheap).

I will go to London once (maybe twice) but was going to do Premium Economy with Virgin however, I could go Premium with Air New Zealand from LAX.

I am not really interested in status, but more redemption's. What I like about Life Miles is you do not have to pay silly fees to use the miles for rewards. I remember that they used to have really low redemption of miles however a quick check and that seems to have changed.

I note that if I take out their credit card that gives 20,000 miles which is nice. I spend around $50k on credit cards a year as well.

What do people think? Is it worth it?

Lastly, there may be a chance I will be moving to the Caribbean. I noticed that paid J on Avianca is really cheap, so that might help build status if it happens, but like I said, status is not key for me.