FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10 hours transit YVR/SEA?
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2015, 7:27 am
sushiinSYD

Once again, thank you very much

Sorry for digging up this thread again. Now I am back in Sydney and thinking back about this trip, and simply cannot help but posting one more comment.

When I went back to Vancouver, I stayed at English Bay area. One day I took a walk to Central Pacific Station, had a drink at a pub called "Craft" at Olympic Village, then head to Granville Island, took a ferry back to English Bay.
It was just a half day walk, but while I was enjoying this particular walk I felt funny thinking of the reason why I decided to create this thread.

I loved both Seattle and Vancouver a lot. Both are beautiful and lovely city, and people are very relaxed and friendly. (I saw three turtles in the park around Pike street in Seattle, by the way, which was a pleasant surprise)
Particularly, I was so pleased that I have finally managed to try Spot Prawn's sashimi at Japanese restaurant called "Izakaya Kingyo" in Vancouver. The meat was incredibly sweet, and it was served with deeply fried its head. The head floor person told me that they needed to rest prawns for a certain number of days to maximize the sweetness of the meat. Worth giving it a try!!

But again, without your kind help I can tell that my very first day in Vancouver would have been one of the worst of my travel experiences.

Best regards,
sushiinSyd