FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rome anniversary dinner suggestions
View Single Post
Old Jun 18, 2015, 5:50 am
Perche

Programs: AA EXP >4 MM, Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
Mrs PBIFLYER and I will be in Rome on our anniversary. Need a great suggestion.
Long ago, we were in Rome and had a great dinner in a street side cafe in Trestavere. She loved that.
We aren't into stuffy, michellin rated restaurants that serve tiny fancy food.
Romantic, small, great view maybe? Outdoor, although sine it would be in July, maybe not.
All suggestions welcome.
Originally Posted by josephineperry
Hi, I've heard that Felice a Testaccio offers great typical roman cuisine. I haven't been there so I don't know about the view, but here's the website http://www.feliceatestaccio.it/index-eng.html
and you could have a look at the reviews on the net and see what htey say
Originally Posted by JBD
Just surfing around found this thread in the Chowhound Italy Forum:

Rome itinerary for anniversary trip

It's 2 years old, but both Elizabeth Minchilli and Maureen Fant weigh in (and they're both true experts in Rome dining).

And then I saw this thread where Minchilli, Fant and Katie Parla post answers, although it's from 2012:

Question: Anniversary dinner in Rome - which restaurant?

You'll see the first reply tells the OP to do a search - and these restaurants might not be what our OP is looking for - but I just wanted to share these so you'd get an idea of the info available on that site. IMO, Chowhound is a far superior forum for asking about Rome's dining options - it's populated with real "foodies" - so you get good advice sans shaming sermons!
Keep in mind, for the most part, the romantic anniversary restaurants recommendations listed on the above two links are mainly what the OP says he doesn't like; small portions and "stuffy" with Michelin star quality like Metamorfosi, Piperno, etc.