FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US/Canadian Issued APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC): Updates, Experiences, Q&A
Old Jun 17, 2015, 11:28 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by jerrywu
For TPE, not quite. So far, no issue on departure APEC counter. Though, 1 of 3 recent arrivals at T1, a female immigration officer did raise the issue of no endorsement on the back of my APEC/ABTC.

Officer: You cannot use this lane, as there is no TW on the back of your card.
Me: Well, can you re-read the most update guideline? My understanding, this is no longer an issue.
Officer: TW must be imprinted on the back of APEC/ABTC, so as to use this lane.
Me: That was the old news, but your government has agreed and allowed US issued APEC/ABTC holders to use APEC dedicated counter. BTW, I also have Speedy Immigration Certificate...
I was just about to produce the certificate, but she already swiped my passport and machine reader indicated I was enrolled in Speedy Immigration system.

Different agent, different understanding?
She either didn't get the memo, or got it and doesn't care. I would drop a note on the TPE airport Facebook page and ask them to ensure all immigration agents are properly trained and compliant with APEC card usage from US/Canadian passport holders without endorsements.