FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA958 Jun 12 '15: MX @ ORD, Diverts to YYR for 2nd MX, Pax Housed @ Military Barracks
Old Jun 17, 2015, 10:59 am
AAExPlat

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA 1k/1mm+, National EE, IC Plat, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by blueman2
You keep bringing up regulation. As I said, GOOD companies treat customers well without the government telling them to do so. BAD companies do not, and eventually (if the company is large enough or the industry important enough) the government steps in, which is not a good thing for any of us. I want UA to be a good company, therefore no additional regulation. UA keeps wanting to be a BAD company to customers. We know where this is going.....

But, I fully agree with you that the unintended consequences of government interference are always bad, for everyone.
Lol. That may be true in a competitive industry, but the aviation industry in its current form is an oligopoly/cartel. The remaining players can print money via capacity discipline and do not need to compete on anything. And if someone dares compete (like the ME3) then they go in high gear greasing the political skids to tilt in their favor.

Don't kid yourself...