FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - p.s. Operations Transitioning to EWR on October 25, 2015
Old Jun 16, 2015, 12:48 pm
Kacee
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by milesmuncher
I just don't see what makes JFK so special for UA passengers, apart from maybe the smallness of the terminal.
1. JFK is easier to and from midtown east.
2. JFK is far less prone to air traffic delays.
3. JFK T7 is super easy and compact. There's no quicker walk to the gate, nor is there any quicker baggage delivery.
4. EWR is one of the nastiest airports in the country. Long lines, surly employees, frequent delays.
5. The Lincoln tunnel is a nightmare at rush hour.

Originally Posted by red grenadine
I live in Manhattan. I work in finance. I fly business class on business. I am talking business customers who work in midtown east. Bankers. Lawyers. Private Equity. Hedge funds. Advertising guys. Fashion guys. They are not taking public transportation into or out of manhattan to freaking Newark

Now personal flying? It's great. I live on the west side. I take the Holland tunnel and am there quickly. But there is no way in hell I am taking a black car from midtown east to Newark via the Lincoln Tunnel at 5 or 6PM trying to catch a business flight to SFO. I'll fly Delta out of JFK where I can feasibly get off the island
This is spot on. I work with these people. They're not going to fly out of Newark. Period, end of discussion.