FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Ridiculous Time's taken for Credit of Partner Miles
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:21 pm
yabadoo

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
If you read the posts in this forum you will see that a significant number of posts relate to miles that are never credited or "lost". This seems to be an endemic that Etihad has, and continues to have, problems with. I flew 2 sectors within the space of 6 months, I must have tried resolving the issue of missing miles with them over the phone with the call center over 6 months and many, many emails and calls where basically all I got was "we're looking into it" and promises of the miles being credited "soon". Eventually, I gave up and I cut my losses, total miles I was out by was roughly 5,000 miles (not including a double your miles promotion that was running at the time) so for the sake of my sanity I just gave up and let it go as my BP kept rising on each call.

This is really sad for Etihad, they mean well but are enfeebled with either broken tools/systems that can maintain a robust an effective tracking process for crediting miles, or inadequate and poorly trained staff who don't know how to administer and fix issues like this.
You can try messaging EtihadHelp, the resident EY troll on this forum, but it appears that they're nothing but a bunch of toothless and hapless employees in EY's social media department who act as traffic controllers forwarding messages from people like yourselves to "the concerned department" to resolve issues, and then it gets lost in a black hole and forgotten. They themselves do not appear to have any decision making capacity or power/authority to actually make a difference and resolve issues.

At the end of the day, this 'dysfunction' means that it drives customers away from EY because of loss in confidence in them in being able to properly do and deliver the service and benefits they advertise for flying with them. In this day and age given what EY's competitors can do, it's pathetic.

[By the way, I can almost guarantee to you that EtihadHelp will respond to this thread asking you to PM to them your ticket number etc. so that they can forward to the concerned department for follow up. If anything does come of it, then please do share!]

Last edited by yabadoo; Jun 15, 2015 at 4:40 pm