FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - All ADA Rooms Are Not Created Equally
View Single Post
Old Jun 15, 2015, 7:31 am
HofstraJet

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
All ADA Rooms Are Not Created Equally

Here's a summary of my latest issue with a Marriott-branded property, this time the JW Marriott Essex House in New York: http://thejetsfan.com/blog/2015/06/1...with-marriott/

They moved me to another ADA room, which was what I expected in the first place, but it still bothers me that this room is in their ADA inventory. What if there was no other room to move me to?

And for the record, even though this property faces Central Park, both ADA rooms faced a brick wall. No park or city view rooms are accessible. Main lobby doors had no power open buttons and the elevators are tiny. I know this is a historic property so they are probably exempt, but I don't see how putting a power door opener would adversely affect the aesthetics of the property. Marriott has gone downhill in the ADA department lately. Their website doesn't make it easy to find ADA rooms anymore - you have to go through each room type to see if there are accessible rooms offered. Other hotel chain sites allow you to click and filter accessible rooms making it easy to see what's available.

Anybody know how we can get Marriott to fix their problems?