FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Discussion: AA Catering still Disgusting (separate from description / menu threads)
Old Jun 15, 2015, 2:56 am
AA-Flyer-SAN

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Folks, it's AIRPLANE FOOD. There is a limit at what anyone can do at 35,000 feet given the tiny ovens and cramped galley
Let me preface this comment with two facts: 1) I have eaten countless MREs and government contracted slop over the years, and 2) I am definitely not the picture of anorexia..... (Basically meaning I will eat anything)

Having that been said, the food quality 10-15 years ago (even two years ago) compared to today is drastically different. The tiny ovens and cramped galleys served pretty solid meals in the past (and the ME3 carriers don't seem to have this issue in their Boeing and Airbus aircraft) have been the same or improved in the past two decades. For someone who paid $4500 for a business class seat and got a meal that looks like it came from a Mrs Swansons TV dinner box isn't acceptable. The quality has nose dived to pathetic offerings. Yes, it's airline food. That's a given. But that's not an excuse to make it worse than it has to.