FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Between two airlines (Jet and Etihad) which is responsible for misconnect delay?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:40 pm
Dips

Hi EtihadHelp - I emailed you prior to my original post at that email address and they were pinning the blame on Jet.

This is the reply I got back from Jet:

"I wish to inform you, that the flight to Abu Dhabi was diverted to Al Ain Airport due to the poor visibility condition at Abu Dhabi Airport. As you are well aware airlines schedules get disrupted with delays /diversions/ cancellation on account of heavy fog and poor visibility conditions. Weather related flight disruption is beyond the control of the airline and uncertainty in weather improvement affects our decisions and flight schedules. Also such delays result in air traffic congestion and hence flight departures and arrivals completely depend upon the clearances given by the Air Traffic Controllers and the weather report given by the meteorological department. Hence the flight cancellation / rescheduling decisions for factors beyond our control are always taken on a real time basis and never in advance.

On arrival in Abu Dhabi, guest with onward connections were accommodated on the next available flights. I wish to inform you that the guests were provided lounge access and served meals and staff was available at all times for any assistance required by the guests."

Worth pursuing?