FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pets on Korean Air
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2015, 6:39 pm
pugmom

Korean Air super dog and dog-owner friendly

I wanted to share my great experience of flying with my pugs as ESA's from Singapore to SFO on Korean Air. From beginning to end, the whole experience was easy and there were no surprises. The pugs traveled as checked baggage in the cargo compartment from Singapore to Seoul because Singapore regulations does not allow them to fly in the cabin. Then I collected my dogs at Incheon Airport (note you'll have to clear immigrations and customs) and was then able to bring them in the cabin with me for the ICN to SFO flight.

My mom and I chose the second to last row in economy since it only had two seats and we wouldn't bother anyone else in the row. One dog slept most of the flight and my second dog was pretty stressed out most of the time. I let the stressed out dog out of the sherpa bag for part of the flight when all the lights were turned off.

The Korean Air staff was amazing, from the agents on the 24-hour help line who provided all the information, to the knowledgeable staff at the check-in counter and the flight crew, I was thoroughly impressed. We are moving back to the US, but I will strongly consider Korean Air for all my future travel back to Asia, with or without dogs!