FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Noob flying Porter into Billy Bishop
View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:04 pm
neuron

Programs: UA 1K, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HomerJay
My friend and I have booked Porter Air on 7/17 from IAD into Billy Bishop with plans to catch the Blue Jays versus the Rays for a three game series that weekend. We booked the cheapest fare we could find, with a 3p Friday departure arriving Toronto City Airport 425pm. Game time Friday is 707pm.

We didn't pay to confirm seats on Porter. Could that be a problem if the flight is full?

How long should it take to clear customs at 430pm? We hope to be able to check into our hotel (Toronto Hilton) before game time.

The Saturday and Sunday games are 1pm starts, giving us Saturday and Sunday evenings free. Looking for suggestions on places where the locals
love to dine....neighborhood gems, that don't cost a fortune.

Heading back Monday morning on a 7am flight. When should we arrive at dockside to catch the ferry? Or is there any chance the pedestrian tunnel might be open on Monday July 20th?

I am really looking forward to my first visit to Toronto. Everyone says what a wonderful city it is. Can't believe I haven't been there before now. Thank you.
You should be fine getting on Porter, though the pedestrian tunnel's opening has now been pushed back to late July based on their FAQ. A couple more areas I would suggest include the University of Toronto campus, just north of your hotel, and food on the Danforth (Greektown).