FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Compensation: “Bumps” — Voluntary and Involuntary Denied Boarding [2000-2019]
Old Jun 12, 2015, 6:34 am
BOSTransplant

Programs: Delta DM, SPG PLT100, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by droidcore
Received an $800 voucher for giving up a paid FC seat on an overbooked 7:10AM IAH-ATL (DL810) flight on June 8. Confirmed into 2C on the 11:00AM out of IAH. Considering I got there just before boarding, I was happy with that gift. Two volunteers before me jumped on the 8:10. Wanted to get there earlier but I was towing a sleepy wife (on a separate PNR/took OG 7:10 flight).

That's about the best I've received on a short domestic flight, so far. Spent my time in that atrocious United Club at Terminal A.
I've spent many, many hours at that airport delayed because of storms. Instead of that crappy United Club, I highly recommend hopping on the train over to Terminal D and going to the Air France club. The trip is only about 5 minutes each way -- well worth it for delays more than an hour or so. I've gone there several times, and only once did someone at the front desk try to give me a hard time about going in because I had a Delta ticket instead of AF. Fortunately, I had been there only the week before, and one of the other women working in the club saw me, recognized me, and told her coworker to let me in.