FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please post your Radisson Rewards Elite experiences
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:37 am
moops380

What is your Club Carlson status?
Gold

Where did you stay? (Brand, Location, Country)
Radisson Blu, Rome

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
The pool deck is really the only reason I would ever come back to this hotel, it is dated, the cleaning staff does a poor job, and if your room faces the train station, its very loud.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked standard (44k points for 2 nights with credit card), received "business floor upgrade"

Did you receive elite benefits?
Complimentary Room Upgrade - Yes (but it faced the train station, so not sure it was better than a different room not facing the trains)
Early Check In/Late Check Out - Yes got 2pm check out
In-Room Welcome Gift - Must have been one bottle of still water and one of sparkling. No note or anything.

How are the rooms?
Smallish which is fine, but as noted many times, the shower and sink are separated by a crappy curtain and glass wall to the rest of the room.
What was good and what was bad?
Good:
Bed was fine.
Pool deck, great.

Bad:
The floor boards did not always meet up, like there were 1 inch gaps in floorboards. At least 2 in room 603. Looks like a kid built a tree house and didn't care that it was not level. Very Very Unprofessional.

Cleaning: They did not replace any shampoo. 2nd day had 4 bottles of lotion and 0 shampoo. Also there was noticeable dust, did not look properly cleaned for months.
They did NOT replace or clean wine glasses... whats with that? All of the faucets had some green residue on them, needs to be cleaned more frequently.

The TV also had issues, after awhile the screen would go white and still play audio. was about a 45'' samsung, did not inquire about the issue.

The elevator was dated 2001, so I assume this hotel has had very little updating since 2001, 14 years ago. The faucets and such would really do alot with an update as well as fixing the floorboards.

The location is pretty good, but I would recommend a room not facing the train station, the announcements in the AM are very loud. Stay here only if you have time to enjoy the pool (maybe split up your rome nights a bit as you shouldn't come to rome just for a nice rooftop pool).

Value for money or Gold Points? Would you return?

44k points for 2 nights was a great deal, now it would be 100k for the exact same thing. Bummer. Can get weekend 2-4-1 rates under 100 euro per night, so if that is an option i would come back. Other than 2-4-1 club carlson is pretty dead to me.